We present our Roure Chardonnay , a white wine from good ranking fermented in new French oak and aged for six months on its lees , keeps all the characteristics of great Chardonnays .
Grape Varieties : 100 % Chardonnay .
Cropping system : espalier .
Location of the vineyard end of Manacor .
Denomination of Origin : D.O.P. Pla i Llevant , Mallorca .
Type of wine: white rearing .
Alcohol content: 14 - 14.5 % vol .
Fermentation: alcoholic and malolactic in barrels of French Allier and Nevers oak .
Aging: on lees in French oak barrels and 6 months 6 months minimum in bottle.
Tasting notes: golden yellow color with light green hues , clean and bright . Aromas of vanilla and exhumed . Hints of citrus and tropical fruits such as pineapple , banana and mango, with a touch of butter. Very long on the palate , well balanced and full-bodied.
Recommendations : combines well with fish in sauce, stews , baked fish and white meats .
Operating temperature: serve between 8 ° -10 ° C.
Awards and citations :
- Gold Medal 1999 harvest in the " International Wine II " in Madrid 2001 .
-1st prize for the 2001 harvest in the "2nd Mallorcan Wine Competition Manacor 2002 " .
- Great Golden Bacchus 2002 vintage ( best wine in all categories) in the " XVII National Wine Tasting Youth Contest " organized by the UEC
- Gold medal for the 2002 vintage in the annual tasting Tourism Radio for the 100 best wines of Spain (2003 ) .
-Silver Medal for the 2002 harvest in the " IV International Wine Madrid 2003 " .
- Finalist in the World Championship wines under € 30 " Madrid Fusion 2004 BMW Prize " .
- Bronze Bacchus to the 2003 harvest in the " Cata - XVIII National Wine Competition 2003 Youth Harvest " .
- Gold Medal for the 2003 harvest in the " V International Wine Madrid 2004 " .
- 2nd place in the National Competition for the best wine in Spain for less than 30 € " Madrid Fusion 2005 " .
- Mosque of Silver to the 2004 harvest in the "Eleventh Cordoba Tasting 2005 " .
- Gold Medal for the 2004 harvest in the " VI International Wine Madrid 2005 " .
Golden -Bacchus for the 2007 harvest in the " VIII Bacchus International Wine Competition 2008 " .
- Silver Medal at the 2007 harvest in the " XIV National Edition and International Edition VI Tendril Awards " of Castile and León 2009 .
- Silver Medal at the 2008 harvest in the "International Competition CINVE Sevilla 2009 " .
- Silver Medal at the 2008 harvest in the "XV National Wine Competition . Mosque Awards . Cordoba 2009 " .
- Gold Medal at the 2009 harvest in the "International Competition CINVE Sevilla 2010 " .
- Gold Medal at the 2010 harvest in the Spanish Association of Journalists and Writers of Wine.