Torrent Negre 2013
Three varieties of carefully selected grapes make up the cupage of this wine, in which the power of cabernet sauvignon, elegance and fineness of merlot and syrah aromas combine. The result is a highly concentrated, modern style and with a high expression wine. It grows 12 months in new French, Caucasian and American oak. Then he rounded bottle over time.
Grape varieties: merlot, cabernet sauvignon, syrah ...
Cropping system trellis.
Location of the vineyard of Manacor.
Appellation: D.O.P. Pla i Llevant-Mallorca.
Type of wine: Red Crianza.
Alcohol content: 14.5% 14- vol.
Fermentation: alcoholic, in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures. Malolactic in barrel.
Aging: 12 months in barrels of French and American oak (new). Subsequent aging in bottle.
Tasting notes: Wine with great coat, deep cherry red color with garnet, clean and brilliant. The nose dominates the ripe fruit, which harmonizes with notes of aging (coffee, snuff, vanilla, leather) complex and elegant. In the mouth a magnificent balance with silky tannins and rich expressiveness, meaty and with a very long finish on returning fruit aromas and species appreciated.
Recommendations: combines well with game, red meat, stews and aged cheeses.
Temperature: Serve between 19ºC 18º-.
Awards and Mentions
- Silver Medal at the 2000 crop in the "Third International Wine Fair" of Madrid 2002.
- BACCHUS bronze at the 2000 crop in the "V Edition BACCHUS International Wine Competition 2002"
- Bronze Medal at the 2000 crop in the XI National and III International edition of "Tendril Awards" of Castile and Leon 2003.
- Silver medal harvest 2001 in the "VI th International 2004 contest BACCHUS"
- Silver Medal 2002 harvest in the "XII National Edition and IV International Zarcillo Awards" of Castile and Leon 2005.
- Silver Medal in the "eighth edition of the International Wine Fair" of Madrid 2007.
- Gold Medal at the 2005 harvest in the "X Madrid International Wine Fair 2009" and the award for the cellar for 10 years has won more awards competition.
- Silver Bacchus 2005 harvest in the "IX BACCHUS International Wine Competition 2010".
- Silver Medal 2005 harvest in the "International Competition Awards Arribe" Best Wine 2010 (International Exhibition of wine and its culture in Arribes del Duero).
- Silver Medal for the 2005 harvest in the "Contest of the Best Spanish Wines for Asia" held in Hong Kong (2010).
- Bronze Mezquita for the 2005 harvest in the "XVII National Wine Competition. Awards Mezquita. Córdoba 2011 "