Dates: 21, 28 March & 4 April
Technique: Glaze making - Discount current student: 15%
JAAAAA finally our short special courses have started !!
The second in this series of short specialized courses is "The Basic - Glaze Making".
This is a series of 3 lessons:
Saturday - March 21 from 10:00 - 13:00 = 3 hours
- We start with a conversation about glaze, how to work with it and the basic principles of making.
- What is glaze
- How to work safely with enamel
- What does glaze consist of?
- Discuss a number of methods on how to apply enamel
- Then we start in groups of 2 with the preparation of basic glazes to which we will add oxides and pigments.
- After the explanation how you work with the dry glaze components and how to make them.
- we go deeper into opaque makers, coloring oxides and possibly pigments and add them
On Saturday March 28, 10:00 - 13:00:
- Are we going to make a new series of tests from a recipe chosen here or from our own - repetition is key.
- We also make another series of tests to learn a little more about the many possibilities.
On Saturday April 4 from 10:00 - 12:30
We will discuss all the tests that have already been made and fired and questions may be asked.
You can also take a glazed object with you what you have finished and where there are glaze faults so that we have this in the classroom
Dates: 3x Saturday morning 21, 28 March & 4 April 2020
Time: 1st and 2nd time from 10: 00-13: 00 and the 3rd lesson is from 10: 00-12: 30 = 8.5 hours in total.
- 119.00 for our current students
- 127.50 for our former students
- 140.00 for third parties
We take care of:
- coffee, tea & cookies
- test plates of a beautiful reliable cream white stoneware clay - would you like to test the glazes on other clay before
take care of your own test poles and this one - a link to the making method will follow shortly ...
- All required raw materials except a few special ones (see info PDF)
- materials for weighing and making the glazes
You take care of:
- a tea towel & apron
- mask (can also be purchased from us)
- old or cheap hand blender (we have a number but not enough)
- ceramic pencil (can also be purchased from us)
- notebook for notes
For whom is this Glaze basic short course suitable:
For those who are making beautiful ceramics and just want to go that extra mile and know more about glaze and where to start.
Creating glazes that one buys, information about how to do this in a safe way.
For those who just have to cross the threshold to start developing their own glaze but want to be very easy
start with not too much dry matter and good results.
We take care for working as neet as possible but, this course is not suitable for pregnant ladies
- pregnant ladies absorb 30/40 % more than regular people and we will be working with heavy metals & dust.
After purchasing this course you will receive a bit more detailed information about a week in advance.
If you have any questions, ask them.
Fun is our top priority, but also the development of technical skills.
If you have any questions, you can ask them via our contact form.
If you are new to us, an extensive e-mail with all the necessary information will follow soon.
Until Saturday morning March 21, 2020
Greetings, Suus & Ralph :)
P.s. Cancellation conditions !!!!! - Read this carefully
Cancellation before 8 March 2020:
We will retain half of the paid course money and return the other half to the account number known to us.
Cancellation after 8 March 2019:
We will not return any course money.
You can nominate another student yourself and this person can take your place on the course.
If there are serious reasons, we will of course discuss this ....